Attributes describe samples. Examples of sample attributes include treatment group, age, sex, and time point. Attributes can be added individually in the data tab or in bulk using a text file. In this tutorial, we will add one attribute, Treatment, manually.
- Click the Metadata tab
- Click Manage under Sample attributes (Figure 1)
- Click Add new attribute (Figure 2)
- Name the attribute 5-AZA Dose
- Click Add to add 5-AZA Dose as a project-specific, categorical attribute (Figure 3)
- Name the first New category 0uM
- Click Add
- Repeat for two additional categories, 5uM and 10uM (Figure 4)
- Click Back to data tab
The data table now includes an Attribute column for 5-AZA Dose (Figure 5). Next, we need to assign samples attribute categories for Treatment.
- Select Assign values
The option to edit the Treatment field for each sample will appear as a drop-down menu (Figure 6).
- Select the 5-AZA Dose text box for a sample to bring up a drop-down menu with the 5-AZA Dose attribute categories (0uM, 5uM, 10uM)
- Use the drop-down menus to add a treatment group for each sample
The first three samples (SRR592573-5) should be 0uM, the next three samples (SRR592576-8) should be 5uM, and the final three samples (SRR592579-81) should be 10uM (Figure 7).
- Click Apply changes
The data table will now show each a 5-AZA Dose attribute for each sample.
If you need additional assistance, please visit our support page to submit a help ticket or find phone numbers for regional support.