This document is specific to the installation of a floating concurrent Partek® Genomics Suite® license on a Windows server. It is not required to install the full version of Partek on your license server; only the license server executables installed by the Partek License Server installer are required to serve Partek FlexNet licenses on your network.
1. Download the Windows Installer.
2. When prompted, select "C:FlexNet” as the installation folder and click “Next”.
3. Select all components from the list and click “Next”.
4. Select “Partek License Server” as the Start Menu and click “Next”.
5. Click "Install" and "Finish".
6. Save the license file (license.lic or license.dat) that Partek Licensing Support team sent you as license.lic and proceed to the Configuration section below.
- The full pathname will be "C:\FlexNet\license.lic"
To install FlexNet to run as a system service (use admin privileges or right click and "Run as administrator"):
1. Run lmtools.
2. Navigate to the to the “Service/License File” tab and select the “Configuration using Services” radio button (figure 1).
3. Navigate to the “Config Services” tab and fill in the following (figure 2):
a. Service Name: Partek FlexNet Server
b. Path to the lmgrd.exe file: C:\FlexNet\lmgrd.exe
c. Path to the license: C:\FlexNet\license.lic
d. Path to the debug log file: C:\FlexNet\log.txt
e. Check “Use Services” and “start Server at Power Up”
f. Click “Save Service”
Figure 2. Configure services
4. Navigate to the "Start/Stop/Reread" tab and start the service by clicking the "Start Server" tab (figure 3).
Figure 3. Start FlexNet server
This will add a FlexNet server for Partek licenses into your set of system services. You can then control this service with the standard services control panel or lmtools.exe.
For a step-by-step video to help you set up your license server on a Windows platform, please visit: http://s3.amazonaws.com/partekmedia/tutorials/LicenseServerWindows.mp4.
For information about firewall configuration, refer to the FlexNet License Administration Guide and/or the ReadMe_FlexNetFirewallPinholes.txt document located in your FLEXnet folder.
For advanced configuration options or questions, refer to the FlexNet License Administration Guide.
If you need additional assistance, please visit our support page to submit a help ticket or find phone numbers for regional support.